Meatless Mondays: Linguine with Pesto Cream Sauce

It's been getting colder and I have been craving some comfort food.  I have made my usual healthier substitutions on this dish but you are more than welcome to add some heavy cream, shrimp or chicken.  The sauce is delicious either way! 

(Left) Roasted Green Beans & Mushrooms
(Right) Linguine with Mushrooms, Tomatoes & Pesto Cream Sauce


Linguine with Pesto Cream Sauce
Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
8 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1 1/2 cups grated Romano cheese
1 cup prepared basil pesto

20 mushrooms, chopped
3 roma (plum) tomato, diced
Directions:
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until tender and translucent. Stir in garlic and butter, and saute until garlic is soft and fragrant, about 1 minute. Dissolve flour in milk, then stir in. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add cheese, and stir until melted. Stir in pesto. Add mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook 4 minutes, or until heated through. Toss with pasta until evenly coated.
* If you would like to add shrimp use 1 pound cooked shrimp, (peeled and deveined) tossed with mushrooms/tomatoes.*
Source: Rosiella at AllRecipes.com

Comments

  1. Yummy! Btw, thanks for the sweet comment on my fall decor using Dollar Tree Store items. You've got so much creativity here so may I invite you to join my Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pesto Cream Sauce is something that I really enjoy putting in my pasta. It doesn’t even matter what type of pasta I would use. It doesn’t matter whether the noodles are thick or thin, I just think that pasta cream sauce is my favorite pasta of all time.

    http://pestocreamsauce.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way Jarred! I am actually making dinner right now with pesto and pasta. I love pesto on sandwiches and pasta.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear from you! If you happen to start following me, please let me know so I can follow you back :)

Popular Posts