Caesar Pesto Pasta Salad


One day I began to look for a new pasta salad and I found one that combines both Caesar and pesto!  I knew that I had to try it right away.  

The wonderful thing about pasta salads is that you can adapt it to your taste.  Don't like olives?  Leave them out.  Want to add chopped red bell peppers for color and taste?  Go ahead.  It works in this recipe. 

Ingredients:
1 box (12 oz.) rotini pasta
2 grilled chicken breasts, diced (optional)
3/4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced black olives
1/2 Red Onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
4 tbsp. Basil Pesto (Fresh or Jarred)
3/4 cup low fat creamy Caesar dressing
2 teaspoons House seasoning (equal parts salt, pepper and garlic powder) 
*I always use Barilla PLUS pasta for added fiber, protein and omega 3!  Trust me no one will be able to taste the difference.* 
Directions:
Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
Pour pasta into a medium-large bowl.
Mix together Caesar dressing with Basil Pesto. Pour over warm pasta
 and coat thoroughly.
Add the rest of the ingredients and toss.
Cover and place into refrigerator until ready to eat.
Source: Recipe adapted from The Country Cook to whom I owe a very special thank you!

Comments

  1. Hi there! So happy you liked this pasta salad. It is one of my favorites. And that is so true about pasta salads, there is a lot of wiggle room. Thank you so much for the mention. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this pasta salad several times now. Each time I've made it a little different but it's soooo good :) Thanks again for letting me share!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear from you! If you happen to start following me, please let me know so I can follow you back :)

Popular Posts