Do you have a Christmas baking tradition in your home? Every year I make these coconut macaroons and dip the bottoms in bittersweet chocolate. These cookies are soft but also have a little bit of crunch because of the chopped almonds. They're almost like an Almond Joy. I look forward to baking them every year. This cookie tastes better the day after baking (if you can stop yourself from eating them when they come out of the oven!).
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 2/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and coconut in mixing bowl.
- Stir in egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Stir in almonds, mix well.
- Drop tablespoon fulls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
I will be posting this on:
Recipe adapted from: Food.com