To Helen...

This morning I woke up to find that a friend of mine from high school lost her life in a motorcycle accident last night.  I still remember all of our high school memories and attending her wedding.  Somehow after that we lost contact.  Then a few years ago we reconnected. 


She had just overcome a tremendous amount of struggle in her personal life and was back on track.  Graduated valedictorian from her community college and was pursuing her nursing degree.  She wanted to become a nurse practitioner or maybe apply to medical school. There's no doubt in my mind that she would have achieved her dreams. 


Helen was bold, passionate, feisty, beautiful, smart and a loyal friend.  Above all else, she was a loving mother to her 5 year old son.   I woke up this morning in tears thinking of her, her parents and her son.   I still can't believe she's gone.  


Helen... I hope you know how loved and missed you are.  As a mother, I know your heart can't truly be at peace knowing your little boy is without you.  For all of us who knew and cared for you, we will watch over him, pray for him diligently and love him.  It breaks my heart to know that he probably thinks you're going to walk through the door at any minute no matter what anyone has told him about you.  Like him, no one can believe you're really gone.  I will always miss you and your spirit.

Comments

Popular Posts