A Game of Thrones Premiere Feast




This is my favorite tablescape as I am such a huge fan of Game of Thrones. Last night was the premiere of season 7 (there's only one more to go!). As sad as I am to see the series come to an end, I am also really excited to see how the story ends for all of my favorite remaining characters.


The silver rimmed glassware was a thrifty find at Goodwill. Each glass was only 99 cents! I have no idea who the maker is but I would love to find out. If any of you have seen a similar pattern, please let me know!

With the exception of the chargers, the rest of what is on the dinner table is from Pier 1 Imports. The best part of it all was that most of it was on clearance (scroll to the very bottom to see what is still available!) if not on sale.

 One of my favorite elements on the table was the deep red shimmery napkin paired with the white and gold embroidered napkin. The napkin ring itself has an interesting metallic gold and silver design to it. It reminded me of ice and fire.


A few months ago, I went ahead and got the official companion cookbook to Game of Thrones. Let me tell you, it was well worth it. I chose three dishes from the book and they were all very delicious!




(Modern Beef and Bacon Pie, Lannister Gold Potatoes, Stuffed Figs, Buttered Rosemary Bread and Honeyed Chicken)


(Sansa Lemon Cakes, Onions in Gravy, Honeyed Chicken, Smoked Salmon Dip, Artichoke Dip, Prosciutto and Beef Slices with Crackers).


The Menu: 

Modern Beef and Bacon Pie (The Inn at the Crossroads has the medieval version online but the cookbook has the modern version of the recipe. It is delicious!).
Honeyed Chicken
Onions in Gravy
Lannister Gold Potatoes
Stuffed Figs
Buttered Rosemary Rolls
Stuffed Dragon Eggs (stuffed artichokes)
Sansa's Lemon Cakes

Mulled Wine
Honey Mead
Game of Thrones Wine

For more menu ideas, click here.




What's still available at Pier 1 Imports? 
(The faux fur table runner, embroidered napkins, napkin rings, serving dishes, antler and metal candle holders were marked down by at least 50% or more. None of them are available online anymore). 

Here are the items that are still available:




The charger is something I picked up from Michaels on clearance as well (only $3 each!). Pier 1 Imports and Pottery Barn have something that looks very similar:

Pier 1 Imports


Pottery Barn

Hope you enjoyed my Game of Thrones tablescape! I would love to hear any comments even if you aren't familiar with the series :) I will be sharing this on: Between Naps on the Porch






SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts