Thrifty Tuesdays: Budget Halloween Decor

This urn was 50 cents at a garage sale.  I saw potential behind the dirt stains and yellowed exterior.  After a quick wash and a few coats of pearlescent acrylic paint, it was almost brand new.  (Unfortunately, in my excitement I forgot to take a before picture!)


The candlesticks were purchased at a local thrift store for $3 each.  The glittery candles were purchased at Jo-Ann Fabric & Crafts for 60% off (three candles for $2).  The pumpkin wands and mask were made with craft materials that I already owned.  I cut out a round piece of cardboard to fit into the urn so just the top could be filled with candy corn and marshmallow ghost peeps.

This is my Halloween centerpiece for about $10 (candy included).  I love holiday decorating when I find things at discounted prices!  Happy Thrifting :)

Update:  Here is the urn with added candy skewers!


I will be posting this on:










Comments

  1. LOVE it! the mask is beautiful! (love masks...collect them). isn't decorating fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love masks too Shari! Holiday decorating is so much fun. This is my favorite time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks pretty neat! Love Halloween myself and all this cool decorating. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The urn and candle sticks are meant to be together. A very awesome centerpiece!! Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a knack for putting things together to make something pretty! And what a great bargain!

    I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear from you! If you happen to start following me, please let me know so I can follow you back :)

Popular Posts