Mother's Day Inspiration

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."  ~ Washington Irving ~

When I think of celebrating Mother's Day I am reminded of how much my mother loves chocolate, coconut, orchids and the color purple.  If I were to have the opportunity to honor my mother with a lovely brunch here are a few things that would serve as inspiration.  I would love to do a table in lavender with ivory, pink and chocolate accents. 




Beautiful tablescape by Jacqueline at Purple Chocolate Home

Here is my inspiration board for Mother's Day with images courtesy from Martha Stewart. 
 Something that I love about The Pioneer Woman is her love for her family.  She wrote a few posts about her mother and it's obvious to anyone who reads them how much Ree loves her mother.  I hope that I can leave such a legacy with my own children someday.  Here is Volume One and Two.

Comments

Popular Posts