Peanut Butter Pumpkins
These pumpkins taste just like the inside of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
They're cuter in my opinion.
I didn't end up using all the sugar as stated in the recipe. I kept adding spoonfuls of sugar until the ingredients just started to resemble dough. While making sure that the sugar didn't collect at the bottom, I touched the dough to see if it was dry enough to roll into balls. I didn't want my pumpkins to be too sweet. They came out so delicious. I love peanut butter!
I plan on bringing these to my three aunts today at their farm as they have invited me to their pumpkin carving party. My Aunt Melinda just loves peanut butter so I know she'll love these pumpkins. Do you remember those giant pumpkins in front of their home? (Take a peek here). Those are going to be carved today!
Peanut Butter Pumpkins:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar, sifted *Add only as sugar much as necessary*
- orange food coloring
- 32 chocolate chips
- green decorators icing
- Melt butter in a large bowl and add a few drops of orange food coloring, until mixture has a nice orange color.
- Add the peanut butter and confectioners sugar and mix together until a dough-like consistency is reached.
- Shape dough into small balls shaped like pumpkins; make ridges on the pumpkins with a toothpick.
- Add a chocolate chip on top for a stem. Mix green food coloring with your frosting of choice then pipe a leaf next to the stem.
- Refrigerate to allow pumpkins to firm.
Adapted from Food.com
I will be posting this on:
Sugar and Dots
Sugar and Dots