A Boo-tiful Cake!
This marshmallow buttercream frosting is amazing. I could eat this marshmallow buttercream by the spoonfuls. Thank goodness this was for a party!
I made the cake the night before and glazed it so that the glaze would be set before piping on the ghosts. The cake tip I used for the ghosts is similar to this. I dipped a toothpick into some of the leftover glaze to make the eyes and mouths of the ghosts. Just keep in mind that if you would like to frost the cake and create the buttercream ghosts on top, you'll need to double the following recipe.
Choose whatever cake you want. A stunning version of this cake is with red velvet cake. I love this frosting layered between chocolate cake or sometimes with raspberry filling.
(P.S. My Meatless Mondays posts will return after Halloween! There are too many holiday goodies to bake.)
Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting:Ingredients:
- 1 cup (two sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 1 jar (7.5 ounces) marshmallow fluff
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Cream softened butter with sugar for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add marshmallow fluff and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place chocolate into a glass measuring cup.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let sit 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Blend in the corn syrup and vanilla. Let cool for 10 minutes before pouring onto cake.
I will be posting this on:
Marshmallow Buttercream Source: Martha Stewart
Chocolate Glaze: Annie's Eats
Cake Design Inspiration: I Am Baker