Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate
Just before my little man and I went out to the pumpkin patch today we had some pumpkin white hot chocolate. This is a very simple and quick recipe. Adjust the spices to your taste. You could use pumpkin pie filling that already has the spices added to it.
My husband loves marshmallows with his hot chocolate. I had to add a marshmallow ghost peep for him! A dollop of whipped cream with a sprinkle of cinnamon would be wonderful too.
Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate:
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces white chocolate (roughly chopped)
- pinch salt
- Heat the milk, pumpkin puree, and spices in a sauce pan until it just starts to simmer and remove form heat.
- Add the chocolate and stir until it has melted.
- Pour into mugs. Top with whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon or a marshmallow peep!
Source: Closet Cooking