My favorite holiday macaron for this year is this eggnog macaron. Don't they look so festive topped with a little sprinkling of nutmeg?
I made the frosting with a little more eggnog and less sugar than the original recipe called for. Just keep that in mind when making this eggnog frosting. I also made an Italian meringue for these macarons. You will need a scale to measure the weight of your egg whites, sugar, almond meal and water in order to use this method. Please have a look at Syrup and Tang's explanation for making macarons here.
Eggnog Marshmallow Fluff:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 2.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (7 oz jar) marshmallow fluff
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon eggnog
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place butter, sugar, marshmallow fluff, eggnog, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Fill macarons then garnish with ground nutmeg.
I will be posting this on:
Recipe Adapted From: Kevin and Amanda