DIY Pastel Sanding Sugars



When I went to HomeGoods the previous weekend, I was amazed at how much a few ounces of colored sugar cost ($3-4).  In preparation for some adorable Easter treats that I have planned, I wanted to show you how easy it is to create these pastel sugars at home for a fraction of the cost.

All you need is granulated sugar (for a more fine sugar) or turbinado sugar (for a more coarse look), food coloring, a cookie sheet (or something to dry the sugar on) and ziploc bags (to evenly distribute the coloring).  For 1 cup of sugar, I used 4 drops of food coloring (Wilton gel food coloring from the Christmas Tree Shops).  For the purple sugar, all I did was add two drops of blue and two drops of pink.


There you have it!  Easy peasy colored sugar.  Have fun with your Easter cookies :)  For these soft sugar cookies, I used sugar stencils from the dollar bin at Target to add the sugar on top!













Comments

Popular Posts