Valentine Tablescape and Decorating



 Do you celebrate Valentine's Day on the 14th?  My husband and I have had a tradition of celebrating it the day afterward because of how busy restaurants are on that day and we liked saving a bit of money.  On the day of, I usually organized a Valentine dinner with friends of mine who were single.  I remember being single and feeling left out on this holiday.  If any of you are single and dread Valentine's Day, why not get your friends together and celebrate friendship?  Turn it into something to look forward to and have fun.  Anyway...onto the tablescape!

This year I used my Pier 1 Imports rose wreath as the centerpiece.  The red ruffled chargers were actually on clearance from Christmas at JoAnn's.  The white plate is a favorite of mine because of how versatile it is and the best part is that it came from the Dollar Store!  The heart shaped plates are from Wegmans (an amazing grocery store chain here on the East Coast).  The red martini glasses are another Christmas purchase (several years ago from Pier 1 as well).  For the napkins, I simply tied a velvet ribbon around.

 

Here is the way the wreath normally looks on my wall.  Among all the faux rose wreaths that I've seen, Pier 1 Imports has the most realistic one.  The roses have a more velveteen texture to it than my picture shows and that's the reason why I chose to spend a little more money on this wreath than the cheaper ones I've seen in craft stores. 


I've reached the point where I've accumulated so many Christmas ornaments that I can't use them all at once.  As the years have gone by, I've grown to really love my snowflake collection so my red glass ornaments and heart ornaments were not being used.  Then it dawned on me to use them for Valentine's Day! 

Last month, there were quite a few Christmas items left on clearance including this gold tree.  The original price was $55 but I got it for only $12!  Gotta love sales.  I use this tree on my buffet as it's a little too big for my current dining table.  Here is a closeup of the ornaments and handmade Valentine cones that I made for the tree. 


The base of the tree and one of the branches actually can be taken off.  Underneath the base I used a felt Pier 1 placemat that I got a few years ago (not exactly sure when).


I hope you enjoyed my Valentine decorating tour!  Happy Valentine's Day!


Posting On:





Comments

  1. This is beautiful! What a nice thing to do for your single fiends....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, this is sooo pretty! Love the centerpiece...such a romantic setting. Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you were able to get linked up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How darling is your tree and table setting. Thanks for linking up at the Cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous! Sorry I'm late getting here...thank you for adding your wonderful blog to the Thursday Favorite Things hop. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear from you! If you happen to start following me, please let me know so I can follow you back :)

Popular Posts