Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Crunch Topping


Isn't it a gorgeous morning?


It's taken about a year but my little one is finally sleeping better through the night.  He still wakes up 2 - 3 times per night but that doesn't bother me enough to where I miss the birds chirping in the morning as the sun rises.  I've always been a morning person but when you have a baby -- their schedule becomes your schedule.  For the longest time I wouldn't wake up before 10 a.m. because I would have been up all night with my little man.  Now he doesn't need to nurse as much and I am getting more sleep!  Gives me more energy to bake treats like these blueberry muffins...
 

Whenever I bake these muffins it's hard for me to stop myself from eating the whole batch as soon as they're out of the oven.  This was the recipe that stopped my search for the perfect blueberry muffin.  I love the crunchy topping and the soft muffin underneath with the juicy blueberries!  Hope you and your family enjoy them as much as we do :)

Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Crunch Topping
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk *It's also good to replace the milk with buttermilk if you have it!*
1 cup fresh blueberries
Topping:
1/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter, cubed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
  2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
  3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
  4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. 
Recipe Adapted From: Colleen from All Recipes

Will be posted on KojoDesigns Friday Fun Finds

Comments

Popular Posts